URBAN TRAM ROUTES
Operator: AS Bergens Sporvei
|1||Sandviken – Nye Sandviksveien – Torget – Nygårdsgaten – Fjøsangerveien – Inndalsveien – Minde|
|2||Engen – Strandgaten – Kong Oscars gate – Kalvedalsveien – Haukelandsveien – Fridalen|
|3||Bryggen – Torget – Teaterparken – Håkonsgaten – Møhlenpris|
Last days of operation: Line 1 – 31 Dec. 1965; Line 2 – 1 Dec. 1957; 3 – 24 Feb. 1950.
|Vetrlidsalmenning – Fløien|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Urban tramways (Bergen): 15 km.
- Funicular: 850 m.
- Urban tramways: 3 July 1897 - 31 Dec. 1965
- Light rail (Bybanen): 22 June 2010 - today.
- Funicular: 15 Jan. 1918 - today
- Urban tramways: 1435 mm.
- Light rail (Bybanen): 1435 mm.
- Funicular: 1000 mm.
Bergen's Electric Tramway (Bergens Elektriske Sporvei) operates a 300m heritage tramway in Møhlenpris, near Bergen.
- "Bergen" (news item), The Modern Tramway, Apr. 1954 (17: 196), p.74-75.
- "Bybanen: Bergen Light Rail", Supplement to Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2012 (75: 890), 21p.
- Carter, J.M. "Bergen - On top of the world - and it's a bargain", Tramways & Urban Transit, Feb. 2007 (70: 830), p.52-53.
- Simons, V. "Bergen's Bybanen: Light rail for the smaller city", Tramways & Urban Transit, Sept. 2010 (73: 873), p.330-333.
- Wyse, W.J. "The tramways of Bergen", Modern Tramway, Nov. 1963 (26: 311), p.375-384.
- Bergen Light Rail
- Bergen Sporvei
- Bergen's Elecric Tramway [museum tramway]
- Keolis Norge
- Tide (transportation company)
- Trikken i Bergen
Also, thanks to Maurits van Witsen from the Netherlands for information he has given me concerning the Bergen tramways.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2021
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.