THE GS TRAM SITE
CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
MINNEAPOLIS - ST. PAUL
NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
SALT LAKE CITY
SEATTLE - TACOMA
GS Web Site Home
I created the above map by overlaying an OpenStreetMap (OSM) map with my own data. Copyright on the OSM map is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM map used as a template for this map corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
LIGHT RAIL ROUTES
Operator: Sacramento Regional Transit District
||Watt/I-80 – Marconi / Arcade – Downtown – Sacramento City College – Meadowview
||Sacramento Valley Rail Station – Downtown – College Greens – Rancho Cordova – Sunrise – Folsom
Note: Route designations by letter are not used by the operator.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Horse-trams: 20 Aug. 1870 - 1891 (?)
- Battery-operated trams: 1888
- Streetcars: 1891 - 4 Jan. 1947
- Light rail: 12 March 1987 - today.
- Simons, V. "Light rail's value in Gold Rush City", Tramways & Urban Transit, March 2013 (76: 903), p.93-97.
- Simons, V. "Sacramento developments", Tramways & Urban Transit, June 2017 (80: 954), p.229.
- Taplin, M.R. "The Sacramento Light Rail story", Modern Tramway & Light Rail Transit, Nov. 1987 (50: 599), p.376-381.
Hit count for the GS Tram Site:
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2017
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.