THE GS TRAM SITE
COLORADO, UNITED STATES
The Denver streetcar system at its greatest post-war extent.
MINNEAPOLIS - ST. PAUL
NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
SALT LAKE CITY
SEATTLE - TACOMA
GS Web Site Home
INSET: CENTRAL DENVER
I created the above maps by overlaying OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps with my own data. Copyright on the OSM maps is
© OpenStreetMap contributors, licensed under a CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence).
Please note that the OSM maps used as a template for these maps corresponds to the situation at the time the map was downloaded and may show features that did not exist at the time
the GS Tram Site is supposed to show. In particular, it may show bridges and highways that were built later.
Operator: Denver Tramway Corporation
||Central Loop - 15th St. - Broadway - Alaska Av.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - Broadway - Colorado Av.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - Broadway - Colorado Av. - Englewood (Hampden Av.)
||Berkeley / S. Gaylord
||Berkeley Pk. - W.32nd Av. - 16th St. - 17th St. - Broadway - E. Alameda Av. - S.Gaylord St. - E.Louisiana Av.
||E 6th Av.
||Union Depot - 17th St. - Broadway - E 6th Av. - Madison St.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - Broadway - E 1st Av. - Penn St. - S.Pearl St. - E.Jewel Av.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - Broadway - E 1st Av. - Penn St. - S.Pearl St. - E.Evans Av. - Denver U.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - E.Colfax Av. - Birch St.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - E.Colfax Av. - Montclair (Quebec St.)
||E 17th Av.
||Union Depot - 17th St. - E.17th Av. - City Park (Monroe St.)
||W 44th Av. / E 28th Ave.
||Berkeley Pk. - Lowell Blvd. - 44th Av. - Tejon St. - 16th St. - 17th St.
E.28t Av. - Josephine St.
||Union Depot - 17th St. - E.17th Av. - Colorado Blvd. - 23rd Av. - Park Hill (Hudson St.)
||Sheridan Blvd. - W.Colfax Av. - Larimer St. - E40th Ave. & High St.
||E 34th Av.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - Stout St. - Downing St. - E.34th Av. - Cook St.
||Central Loop - 15th St. - [15th St.] [Back: Curtis St. - 17th St. - Larimer St.] - Curtis St. - 13th St. - Delaware St. -
Elati St. - W.6th Av.
||Central Loop - Larimer St. - W.Colfax Av. - Federal Blvd. - Knox Court - Barnum
||Interurban Loop - 16th St. - W.32nd Av. - Berkeley Pk. - Arvada
||Interurban Loop - 16th St. - W.32nd Av. - Berkeley Pk. - Arvada - Leyden
||Interurban Loop - 16th St. - W.32nd Av. - Berkeley Pk. - Golden
||Interurban Loop - Champa St. - Larimer St. - W.Colfax Av. - Federal Blvd. - W.12th Av. - Lakewood - Golden
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Horse-drawn streetcars: 17 Dec. 1871 - 1890.
- Electric streetcars (1st generation): 1888 - 3 June 1950.
- Light rail (2nd generation):7 Oct. 1994 - today.
- Commuter rail: 22 Apr. 2016 - today.
- Cable cars: 1888 - 1900.
- Horse-drawn streetcars: 1067 mm.
- Streetcars (1st generation): 1067 mm.
- Light rail (2nd generation) and Commuter rail: 1435 mm.
- Lietwiler, C. "Denver: The politics of expansion", Light Rail & Modern Tramway, Aug. 1996 (59: 704), p.300-301.
- Lietwiler, C. "Denver: Winds of change are blowing cold", Light Rail & Modern Tramway, June 1995 (58: 699), p.170-175.
- Pharris, K. Riding Denver's Rails: A Mile-High Streetcar History. Charleston (SC): The History Press, 2013.
- Simons, V. "Denver - FasTracks slowed by regulatory approvals", Tramways & Urban Transit, Oct. 2017 (80: 958), p.370-373.
- Simons, V. "FasTracks: Denver's Big Bang", Tramways & Urban Transit, July 2013 (76: 907), p.294-298.
- Wansbeek, C.J. "Denver: Light rail expansion in all directions", Tramways & Urban Transit, March 2007 (70: 831), p.92-95.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2018
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.