THE GS TRAM SITE
GRAND RIVER VALLEY, ONTARIO (BRANTFORD, GUELPH, KITCHENER-WATERLOO)
GS Web Site Home
Operator: Calgary Municipal Railway
URBAN STREETCAR ROUTES
||Hillhurst - Downtown – East Calgary
||Mount Pleasant – Crescent Heights - Downtown – Elbow Park
||Tuxedo Park – Crescent Heights - Downtown – Elbow Park
||Downtown – Crescent Heights - Rosedale - Hillhurst - Downtown [Circular route, both directions]
||Downtown – 12th Av. S. - 17th Av. S. - Victoria Park - Downtown [Circular route, both directions]
||Downtown – 12th Av. S. [back: 17th Av. S.] - Killarney
||Downtown – 17h Av. S. [back: 12th Av. S.] - South Calgary
||Sunnyside - Downtown – Burns
||Riverside - Downtown – Victoria Park - Manchester
||Downtown – Hillhurst - Grand Trunk - Kensington Rd. [ - Parkdale (morning rush-hours)]
||Downtown – Hillhurst - Kensington Rd. - Parkdale
||Rosedale - Capitol Hill
||Downtown – Ogden
||Downtown – 12th Av. S. - Sunalta
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- Streetcars (Old system): 5 July 1909 - 29 Dec. 1950.
- C-Train (LRT): 25 May 1981 - today.
- Hatcher, C.K. Stampede City Streetcars: The Story of the Calgary Municipal Railway. Montreal: Railfare, 1975.
- Jones, A.E. "Second time around! - Part 4: Widening horizons in Calgary" Modern Tramway & Light Rail Transit,
Jan. 1982 (45:529), p.20-29.
- Simons, V. "Calgary: Success breeds ambition" Tramways & Urban Transit,
Jan. 2015 (78:925), p.9-14.
- Streeter, T. "Double, double, double? - Expanding Calgary's light rail" Tramways & Urban Transit,
Aug. 2011 (74:884), p.298-304.
Copyright Gabor Sandi 1998-2019
Disclaimer: Everything on this site was written and/or prepared at the author's discretion. The author has tried to be accurate where facts are presented, but
this does not mean that these facts are necessarily accurate. People needing more reliable information should refer to appropriate sources
presented, on the Internet or elsewhere, by authoritative professional or academic bodies.
To get in touch with the webmaster, send an e-mail to
g_sandi at hotmail.com.
Flags on this site are from the FOTW Flags Of The World website.